Monday 10 September 2012

Busy Few Days

On Thursday (6th) I presented an illustrated talk to the RSPB Glasgow Local Group on 'The Birds and other animals of Poole Harbour and Purbeck'. This gave me a chance to sing-the-praises of an area that is brilliant for wildlife and project a few(!) of the images I have taken in my many visits to the area..............

Little Egret, Brownsea Island
 
Sandwich Tern and chick, Brownsea Island

Yesterday (9th) I helped at the Friends of Glasgow's Local Nature Reserves event at Dawsholm Park Local Nature Reserve in Glasgow. Five Starling nest boxes and 3 bat boxes were erected whilst 20+ bags of rubbish were removed, albeit some litter was so 'ingrained' it couldn't be removed with just litter pickers! 

I led a guided walk and there were three pond dipping sessions. Thankfully the rain stayed away and hopefully everyone had a good time. For more information about the event see http://friendsofglasgowlnrs.wordpress.com

This Wednesday I am leading a bird watching outing to Balgray Reservoir between Barrhead and Newton Mearns. More info from www.rspb.org.uk/groups/glasgow

Balgray Reservoir

Finally, on Sunday 16th, I am leading a guided walk around Bingham's Pond in Glasgow as part of 'Glasgow's Doors Open Day'. I am pleased to say that this is fully booked but check for cancellations on www.glasgowdoorsopenday.com and click on booking.

Bingham's Pond

No comments:

Post a Comment