Sunday 16 September 2012

Bingham's Pond - Glasgow Doors Open Day

As part of Glasgow Doors Open day, I led a short guided walk around Bingham's Pond outlining the flora and fauna to be found following the naturalisation project that was completed in 2003.

Bingham's Pond 2003 - the 2 islands begin to take shape
 
Bingham's Pond 2012

Although there was an adverse weather forecast, I am pleased to say that 10 people turned up (15 had booked). Despite the rain, I hope they found the walk informative and perhaps they will become regular visitors to the Pond - I certainly hope so.

  
Once the walk was over, I undertook my monthly 'Webs count' of wetland birds - birds present were 2 Mute Swan; 20 Mallard; 12 Tufted Duck; 19 Moorhen; 5 Coot; 13 Black-headed Gull; 3 Lesser Black-backed Gull and the 4 domesticated/cayuga ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment