Tuesday 15 January 2019

Mid-January Update

I've not managed out much other than an hour or so at Bingham's Pond plus a visit to Knightswood Park pond.

The year list for Bingham's currently stands at 26 which compares favourably with recent years - another advantage of using BirdTrack to record your bird species, you can quickly compare previous years sightings with your current efforts.

At Knightswood park, I concentrated on the pond and its immediate surrounds in the hope of getting some more sightings of ringed birds …

Knightswood Park pond - 11/1/19

There were three colour-ringed Black-headed Gulls present, all three of which I have already seen at the Pond ..

Ringed Ythan Estuary 3/6/14

Ringed Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria 4/12/18

Ringed Victoria Park, Glasgow 15/12/18

… but more interestingly, I managed to get photos of a metal ringed Black-headed Gull. Although only getting a partial reading from the photos, I do know it was ringed in 'Helgoland, Germania' or Heligoland, Germany. I am hoping that I shall get some more information from the ringers even though I only have a partial number ….



Finally, since I've not managed out much, a few interesting bird sightings from Greater Glasgow, courtesy of the SOC Clyde Grapevine:

Balgray Reservoir - a 2nd winter Iceland Gull and 3rd winter Yellow-legged Gull.
Clarkston - Ring-necked Parakeets from a few different locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment