Saturday 20 August 2016

More East Coast Birding

On Thursday, I travelled through to Dunbar by bus and train and then walked east along the coastal path to a spot known as Fluke Dub ..........

Fluke Dub
 
Here I met a few bird watchers and was soon looking at a Spotted Sandpiper, it however soon 'disappeared' before I got a chance to photograph it. This was compensated by nice views of an adult Yellow Wagtail and the number of birds that could be spotted whilst patiently waiting for the sandpiper to reappear. These included this Common Sandpiper that tried to confuse matters ...
 
 
Eventually, the Spotted Sandpiper re-emerged and I was glad that I had been patient as it gave amazing views .........
 

 
Happy, I walked back to Dunbar railway station and eventually reached the wader scrapes at Musselburgh lagoons. It was high tide so the scrapes were full of waders including Ruff, Greenshank, Black-tailed Godwit and Knot plus a distant group of Curlew Sandpipers. Turning my zoom to its maximum, I managed this record shot of five of these birds ...
 
 
Having left the house at c7.20am, I eventually reached home at c8pm after a great day's birding - it's amazing what you can do on public transport!


No comments:

Post a Comment