Friday 14 August 2015

Loch Katrine and more

Since the last post I've been busy preparing a number of talks I'll be giving over the next few months - thought I'd take advantage of the poor weather!

I've also been working away trying to put together an exciting project at Hogganfield Loch on behalf of the Friends of Glasgow's Local Nature Reserves - more on this later, if it comes off.

But I have managed some birding in the east coast, at Musselburgh Lagoons and, closer to home, at Loch Katrine.

On my two visits to Musselburgh I managed 50+ birds on both occasions with a Little Gull being a favourite ..............

Little Gull - Musselburgh - 6 August 2015
 
... not to mention a nice range of waders ...........
 
5 species of wader - Musselburgh - 6 August 2015
 
Yesterday, in the sunshine (!) we travelled to Loch Katrine (thanks to Judith and Mike)
 
 
and had an excellent day with Garden Warblers, Blackcap and Spotted Flycatchers proving it still is summer.  I also managed to photograph for the first time, some cracking insects ....
 
Golden-ringed Dragonfly

Scotch Argus
 
Apart from the flying/biting ants at one location, it was a perfect day, finished with a curry!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment