Tuesday 16 December 2014

Hogganfield Park and another Video!

Since my last post, I've visited Hogganfield Park LNR and Bingham's Pond, despite the poor weather.

On the 12th, I was pleased to see 14 Whooper Swans including one juvenile on Hogganfield Loch.
  
Mixed wildfowl, including Whoopers - 12 Dec 2014
Juvenile Whooper Swan - 12 Dec 2014
 
Despite threatening weather, I managed a complete 'survey' of the Park, including the marshy pools, before the rain started!
 
 
And in the distance I could pick out the Campsie Fells dusted in snow ....
 
 
In total, I recorded 34 bird species, not bad for winter!
 
My visits to Bingham's Pond were to ensure that the Friends feeders were topped up although it was good to see up to 8 Goosanders present in amongst the usual wildfowl and gulls.
 
The poor weather allowed me to catch up with editing some more video footage and I've prepared another short film, this time featuring the wildlife of Dorset. It can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEyYfuRiHTE
 
As with all my videos please view at highest resolution by adjusting small wheel icon to 1080pHD. If you like what you see I'll be talking about the 'Birds and other Wildlife of Dorset' to the RSPB Forth Valley Group next month.
 
The SOC Clyde Grapevine continues to provide interesting sightings and those from Greater Glasgow include:
 
16 December 2014
A report of an adult Ring-billed Gull at the pond at Barshaw Park, Paisley NS5064.
Unusually 15 Goldeneye on the River Clyde at Glasgow Harbour.

15 December 2014
The drake Green-winged Teal and the drake Wood Duck still on Banton Loch (Townhead Reservoir), Kilsyth.
22 Whooper Swans on Hogganfield Loch; nearby, another four on Gartloch Pool.
Three Nuthatches calling and chasing at White Bridge, Linn Park, Glasgow.
A Nuthatch in sycamores beside the Ranger Centre, Calderglen Country Park, East Kilbride.

14 December 2014
The Wood Duck of unknown origin still on Banton Loch (Townhead Reservoir), Kilsyth.
 
13 December 2014
A Brambling in a field at the south end of Twechar Marsh, near Kilsyth.

No comments:

Post a Comment