Friday 17 October 2014

East Lothian (again)

Travelled through to Thorntonloch on Wednesday (Perryman's Bus no. 253 Edinburgh to Berwick) arriving at around 10.50am. I quickly made my way to the car park at Torness Power Station where a group of birdwatchers were already present. Soon I had good views of a Booted Warbler, a UK first for me, although my attempts at a photograph were not so good ..

Booted Warbler - Torness - 15 October 2014
 
Whilst there I also managed photos of a Siberian Stonechat, a bird that I had seen for the first time in the UK only last week on Shetland ....
 
Siberian Stonechat - Torness - 15 October 2014
 
From Torness I headed to the walkway along the sea wall and walked to Skateraw ..
 
Skateraw - 15 October 2014
 
Here I found a Yellow-browed Warbler but it clearly didn't want its picture taken; this is the best I could do!
 
Yellow-browed Warbler - Skateraw - 15 October 2014
 
After a short rest I headed off along the John Muir Way towards Barns Ness and thereafter Dunbar. The tide was out exposing interesting rock formations which I spent some time admiring whilst avoiding golf balls at Dunbar Golf Course!
 
 
On reaching Fluke Dub, a Grey Plover was a welcome addition to my day list ...
 
Grey Plover - Fluke Dub - 15 October 2014
 
Whilst this Brent Goose was a bit of a surprise ..................
 
Brent Goose - Fluke Dub - 15 October 2014
 
I arrived in Dunbar c4.30pm in plenty of time to catch the last bus (No. 253) back to Edinburgh, a tired but happy birder!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment