Tuesday 31 December 2013

The Last Post

Well, this will be the last post, for 2013.

I'll start with a recent report courtesy of SOC Clyde Grapevine:

Sunday 29 December 2013
18 Gadwall and 44 Whooper Swans on Hogganfield Loch, also a Jack Snipe in the marsh.
 
Moving on to today, we had an impressive 16 different bird species in our small garden, the highlight being 6 Fieldfare.
 
In the late afternoon I spent an hour at Bingham's Pond and recorded 19 different species - the highlight being, once again, a Ring-necked Parakeet. At this point I had an enjoyable chat with a couple from Orkney who were really impressed by the Pond
 
Other birds of note were 8 Goosander - when I first arrived there were only 2 present but by dusk this had risen to 8 birds.
 
I'll finish with a couple of 'atmospheric' shots of the Pond and wish you all a peaceful and happy New Year ...................................
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment