Friday 29 November 2013

Hogganfield Park LNR - just love it

Another trip to Hogganfield Park LNR yesterday (28 November 2013) and I managed to add to my 'Hoggy Year List' with a Pintail and Great Black-backed Gulls seen.

Very poor record shot of Pintail - 28 November 2013

It was also good to see the Whoopers back (18 of them) following their absence from my last visit. Thankfully, the light was just perfect, albeit just for a few minutes, resulting in a few 'good shots', one of which follows...............................................

Whooper Swan - 28 November 2013

I had been told that people can turn up with 'van loads' of bread for the birds but had never witnessed it until yesterday. The ensuing feeding frenzy was worthy of a few photos .....

Feeding frenzy - 28 November 2013

In a 2 hour spell, I managed to see 37 different species of bird with my year Hogganfield total standing at 55. Not bad for a site just a few miles from Glasgow City Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment