Monday 22 July 2013

Bingham's Pond - Rarity Returns!

Having visited the Pond on Friday with the sole aim of taking photographs, I returned today armed with my binoculars to undertake the monthly WEBs count.

The first bird I saw, at 2.25pm, was a 2nd year Mediterranean Gull and of course I had left my camera at home! Twenty minutes later and I was back at the Pond and of course there was no sign of the bird. However, a few minutes later it flew into view and settled on the water giving great views........................

2nd summer Mediterranean Gull - Bingham's Pond - 22 July 2013
 
I also managed to take some video footage and this can be found at
 
 
Click on the thumbnail 'Bingham's Pond Rare Gull' to view.
 
It can also be seen on YouTube at  http://youtu.be/udJNZk2l9H0
 
Mediterranean Gull is still a rarity in the Clyde area, yet amazingly I have now found two here - not bad for a small pond in the middle of an urban area!

No comments:

Post a Comment