Tuesday 17 August 2021

New Birds for Hogganfield Park LNR and more

Apologies for the lack of updates.

Since my last post I've managed some birding in Grampian and Wester Ross and more locally I continued to add to my year and life Hogganfield bird list.

Starting with Hogganfield, I was surprised to see this Lapwing on the loch edge, a year first for me at the LNR although I have had them in previous years flying over the loch.

Lapwing - 2 August 2021

Moving on and a personal first for me at the LNR of a Green Sandpiper and this poor record shot

Green Sandpiper - 7 August 2021

Finally another personal first for me at the LNR, this time an Osprey. I had seen one at Frankfield Loch on the 2nd but this bird, probably the same one, performed brilliantly as this video shows


My 'life list' for Hogganfield Park LNR now stands at 117 whilst my 'year list' is 87, so far!

In mid July, we spent a week on a wildlife holiday in Grampian and Wester Ross and these are just a few of the highlights 

White-tailed Eagle

Great Skua

Gannet

Dark Green Fritillary

Red Deer

There were lots of other species seen e.g. Golden Eagle, Hen Harrier, Merlin, Red Kite, Common Dolphin, Red Squirrel and Corn Bunting - all in all it was just great to be able to 'almost get back to normal!'

Finally, I managed this photo of a Crossbill whilst birding north of Glasgow

Crossbill - 14 August 2021

The next few weeks should be interesting as wader passage intensifies and perhaps we shall be lucky and a rarity might arrive.








No comments:

Post a Comment