Friday 4 September 2020

Some Birding Firsts and Other Highlights from Glasgow

Since my last post I've continued to visit Hogganfield Park LNR on a regular basis with occasional visits to both Bingham's Pond and Dawsholm Park LNR. In this period I have seen 64 bird species. 

The visits to Hogganfield Park LNR have proved to be very productive thanks to the range of habitats to be found there; 53 species seen. Indeed my 'year list' for Hogganfield now stands at 81 bird species!

So I'll start with a few images taken at Hogganfield Park LNR:







The Sandwich Terns were a personal first for me at Hogganfield, whilst the Stonechat was my first there since August 2000. The last time I saw a Whinchat in the Park was in June 1997!

Moving on to Dawsholm Park LNR and a personal first and possibly a Park first in the form of a Spotted Flycatcher.



I haven't seen anything unusual at Bingham's Pond, but sadly there are only 3 cygnets left.


In other news, there have been sightings of various Mediterranean Gulls next to the SEEC, so I'm hoping at least one will drop in on Bingham's Pond and/or Hogganfield Loch! 

Remember to click on the photos for enhanced views and 'hover' over each image for details of the birds and when they were seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment