Tuesday 18 December 2018

More Sunny December Birding!

Remarkably we have had a few more sunny days since my last post!

This has resulted in a few visits to Hogganfield Park LNR, Bingham's Pond and Balloch, not so sunny, but at least dry!

At Balloch, on the River Leven, I managed to connect with three Mandarin Duck (2m, 1f), although it was a bit dull for photography …


14/12/18

I managed two visits to Hogganfield (in the sunshine) and it was nice to bump into and have a quick chat with some fellow birders and bird photographers …

On the 10th I found a dishevelled Magpie apparently using a litter bin as its shelter ..



… a Grey Heron sitting atop a tree next to a path …


… and another ringed (2CK2) Black-headed Gull ..



Later in the week (16th) I helped out once again with the Friends of Glasgow's LNRs monthly wildfowl feeding and Bird ID event ……



At Bingham's Pond, I recorded the usual suspects ….


Goosander (female) - 9/12/18

Mallard (drake) - 9/12/18

Coot - 9/12/18

However, in addition to the wildlife, I was pleased to see that the Council had started to resurface the footpath around the pond ……


Resurfacing footpath - 9/12/18

Yesterday the footpath was complete and looking good …..


17/12/18

17/12/18

A big thank you to everyone involved for getting this done.




Finally this will probably be my last blog before Christmas, so 

Happy Christmas to you all 





No comments:

Post a Comment