Wednesday 22 November 2017

Under the Weather

Well the weather has been poor and I've picked up a bug, so not much to report.

I ventured out on Sunday and a visit to my local pond for the Webs Count produced the usual wetland birds - Mute Swan, Mallard, Tufted Duck, Goosander, Moorhen, Coot, Black-headed Gull and a Herring Gull. However, I did add a new bird to my 'Bingham's Pond Year List' when I found a Treecreeper in amongst a 'tit' flock. The Pond's year list now stands at 40 whilst the 'Life List' is 69 - not bad for a small pond in the west end of the City.

It was also good to note that the vegetation at the 'pond dipping area' had been trimmed back, presumably by the Council - so no need for the volunteers from the Friends of Glasgow's LNRs to get involved this year!

Bingham's Pond - pond dipping area - November 2017

With nothing else to report, I finish again with recent sightings from Greater Glasgow, courtesy of the SOC Clyde Grapevine:

Monday 20 November 2017
Two drake Ruddy Ducks still on Hogganfield Loch.

Sunday 19 November 2017

The immature Long-tailed Duck still on Waulkmill Glen Reservoir.
Six Tree Sparrows at Millichen, also 320 Pink-footed Geese.


Saturday 18 November 2017
The immature Long-tailed Duck still on Waulkmill Glen Reservoir.
Still two drake Ruddy Ducks on Hogganfield Loch.





No comments:

Post a Comment