Sunday 17 September 2017

Twitching a Spotted Crake!

Following on from my spell of local birding, I travelled down to Doonfoot in Ayrshire on the 14th in the hope of seeing a Spotted Crake. It has been some time since I've seen one so thought the trip down, by train and local bus, would be worth it.

Sure enough within minutes of arriving at Doonfoot I had caught up with the bird ....

Doonfoot

Spotted Crake

Surprisingly, there was only one other birdwatcher present although I believe more had been there earlier. The bird would disappear for short periods and then reappear as if by magic. Despite this, I managed to take some video of the bird - link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X13lroETThs 

It was a bit windy and having managed to see another 24 bird species, I decided to quit and make my way home, a cold but happy birder.

No comments:

Post a Comment