Tuesday 6 December 2016

Garden Birds in Glasgow

Since my last post I've spent a lot of time watching the birds in our garden - 18 species in total!

Here's a few images ..................

Redwing
Blackbird
Fieldfare
Song Thrush
 
We're just hoping that the berries last for a few more days and who knows we may attract some Waxwings!
 
I've also spent a bit of time preparing my presentation for next week (13th) when I am guest speaker at the Glasgow Natural History Society. Perhaps I'll see some of you there?
 
I did manage out for a few hours on Sunday and added these two Ravens to my Bingham's Pond year list  ....
 
 
 
Finally, more recent sightings courtesy of the SOC Clyde Grapevine:
 
Sunday 4 December 2016
Eight Jack Snipe (three caught) and three Water Rails at Windlaw Marsh, Carmunnock.
20 Waxwings at the junction of Nether Auldhouse Road and Kilmarnock Road, Newlands.
 
Saturday 3 December 2016
Now four Ring-necked Parakeets in Hillview Place, Clarkston.
A Nuthatch at Glasgow Botanic Gardens (NS566676).

Friday 2 December 2016
34 Waxwings near the Botanic Gardens, on Garrioch Road at Hotspur Street, Glasgow. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment