Tuesday 12 July 2016

More Musselburgh Magic

Whilst it never fails to amaze me the range of different species to be found in Glasgow, I have to admit that from now until November I shall be paying frequent visits to the east coast of Scotland. Yesterday it was back through to Musselburgh and my first Little Gull and Garganey of the year.

Little Gull

Garganey (Teal in foreground)

The juvenile Cuckoo was still present and other sightings included Common Tern and Greenshank ..........

Cuckoo

Common Tern

Greenshank

After yesterday's sightings my year list for Musselburgh stands at 85 species. No doubt I'll be back again later this week!

Meanwhile some recent sightings from Greater Glasgow, courtesy of SOC Clyde Grapevine:

Sunday 10 July 2016
A Common Tern at Balgray Reservoir.


Saturday 9 July 2016
A Crossbill over Pollok Country Park at lunchtime.


Wednesday 6 July 2016
A Reed Warbler still in song at Newshot Island, also a Greenshank and nine Common Sandpipers there, with two Tree Sparrows in the nearby hedgerow.






No comments:

Post a Comment