Friday 16 August 2013

Latest Sightings

A few days ago I suggested you check out any pond or pool for waders and strongly recommended Baron's Haugh RSPB Reserve.

Well, courtesy of the SOC Clyde Grapevine, I can report that yesterday (15 August 2013) there was:
a Little Egret, a juvenile Ruff, 5 Green Sandpipers and 2 Black-tailed Godwits at Baron's Haugh RSPB Reserve!

For those of you that haven't been lucky enough to see a Little Egret, as yet, a photo follows, albeit taken in Dorset!

Little Egret
 
Also of interest yesterday, again courtesy of SOC Clyde Grapevine, was:
an eclipse drake Red-crested Pochard of unknown origin on Rouken Glen Park Pond.

The Red-crested Pochard is of particular interest to me as I saw one on Rouken Glen Park Pond on 12 October 1996. The park had re-kindled my interest in birds and was my local patch for a number of years before moving back north of the Clyde.
 
Finally, a big well done to the lady who carefully ripped up a piece of paper and threw it into the bushes at Bingham's Pond this morning. It's good to know that there are some really thoughtful people in this world!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment