Friday 8 February 2013

Fun & Games at Bingham's!

Firstly, a Mute Swan update - as regular readers will know, the female swan was taken to Hessilhead Wildlife Rescue Centre as it had a damaged wing. I then received reports of the male being seen in Great Western Road and then disappearing. More recently, courtesy of Graeme, I was advised that 2 Mute Swans were back on the pond.

This morning, I paid a visit and two swans were present. A male Mute Swan, probably the resident bird, favoured the north edge and a female the southern edge. They did not interact in any way. Then the fun began! Two other Mute Swans arrived separately - one immediately interacted with the male and the other with the female - photos follow............................................



For a short period there was peace and harmony and then the male bird (and new female) decided they didn't want to share the pond...............................................

 
 
The male eventually chased off one of the other birds and started on another just as I was leaving.
 
In addition to the 'swan soap story', I got nice views of a Common Gull, with the Black-headed Gulls...............................................................................
 
 
 and a ringed Black-headed Gull, I'll let you know more when I get further details....



Finally, there were also a good smattering of birds in the trees including Treecreeper (my first here since October 2010), Goldcrest and Long-tailed Tit.

No comments:

Post a Comment